Alliance for Watershed Education – Summer Internships 2018 COBBS CREEK ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CENTER
Position Title – Nature PHL Facilitator (2 positions)
Works with parents and children using scripted/unscripted outdoor nature activities. After initial training, re. program, team-teaching, goals and materials, Interns will:
- Use prepared materials from Cornell University to interact with parents & children who come to Cobbs Creek.
- Keep records of attendees and activities used.
- Collaborate with Nature PHL staff at Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education on common goals.
- Work with allied medical staff from nearby Children’s Hospital facilities.
- Develop additional outdoor materials for program use.
- Prepare a closing report on this program including recommendations.
- Complete an individual capstone project, in conjunction with Cobbs Creek supervisor.
A great opportunity for future teachers/environmental educators.
Important Information and Essential dates
- Must be 18 years of age by June 1, 2018.
- June 4, 2018: Fellow start date.
- June 13 – 15: Required Watershed Stewardship Training (overnight) at Pocono Environmental Education Center. (Food, transportation and accommodations provided.)
- August 17: Watershed Fellowship Summit at John Heinz NWR, Philadelphia.
- August 24: Last day of Fellowship
Forward resume and letter of interest to:
CONTACT : George Ambrose at Gamb370294@aol.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 15